After receiving frequent queries about Tratak I thought to write about best practices for Tratak and the things which need to be avoided in the period of tratak practices. Tratak is solely related to your eyes and eyes are one of most expensive gift from nature to us. So doing Tratak without knowing facts can damage the expensive gift of nature. First understand why we do Tratak and how this effects our body, soul and energy level.
Tratak is a type of Yogic practice. Tratak does not mean simply gazing on an object but this is a process where you not only keep gazing on a object but also try to concentrate on the object. Simply gazing will not solve the purpose. Hence with utmost concentrate when we gaze on any object this activity casts certain effects on our body. In the morning or evening when our bowls are almost empty this is considered best time for any kind of exercise and same goes with Tratak. When we do Tratak with empty bowls, slight intense pressure will get casted on our brain additionally we try to concentrate on the object as well, this increases the activity of our brain in multiple fold ( just like we are doing some kind of complex mathematical problem ). Best part is this increases activity of our brain is unidirectional and this makes the energy more intense.
This kind of intense energy might increase your body temprature, the temprature in your eyes and might increase you blood pressure as well ( slightly ). So this is mandate that Tratak should be performed with a calm set of mind only. A volatile brain or tensed mind will not be able to perform Tratak, or if you will try to cast additional pressure on your brain to perform Tratak then this can be dangerous.
Next this intense energy directly effects your Chakras and increase vibration in spinal cord as well. Practitioners, who have already spent good amount of time in Tratak can feel this vibration in their spinal cord. These vibrations in spinal cord will lead you to activated chakra ( activated chakra means the chakrik area is giving you sufficient nural vibrations ). Once the chakras starts supplying the vibration your brain responds on to those vibration and support you in the form of a calm and stable voice, confidence, powerfual facial charisma etc.. Which are original outputs of Tratak.
Facts about Tratak
1. Tratak is a time consuming process and this takes years, there is no shortcut for this.
So after seeing the process in a Nutshell there are couple of things which can be parted in DOs and DON’Ts column for Tratak.
DOs of Tratak
1. Always perform Tratak in morning or in evening.
2. Do Tratak with empty bowels as you do regular exercise.
3. Keep a calm and stable state in your mind.
4. Always keep a wet cloth on your eyes for 10 minutes after Tratak practice.
5. If you are having specs then this is mandatory for you to practice Jal-Neti ( a yogic procedure ) for 6 months before starting on Tratak. Please search on google or youtube for a guiding video on Jal-Neti.
DON’Ts of Tratak
1. Tratak is powerful but overdoing this activity is very dangerous.
2. Never perform Tratak after food intake of in day time.
3. Don’t jump on to agni or flame Tratak directly, first practice bindu tratak.
4. If you are sick or a patient of high blood pressure then kindly don’t do Tratak, instead first level your BP via yoga.